Legislation affecting occupational pension provision has become ever more complex in recent years and there is no sign that the pace of new legislation is likely to slacken. It is vital for the security of the pension promise and for the protection of the trustees of a scheme that documents are carefully drafted and that advice on changes in the law is delivered in a timely manner.
Our technical and documentation team has a breadth of knowledge and experience which enables them to respond quickly and flexibly to changes in legislation and scheme design and to update scheme documentation appropriately.
Services provided by the legal team include:
- Drafting of trust deeds and rules
- Drafting of other scheme documentation including deeds of appointment, deeds of adherence and amendment
- Scheme announcements and explanatory booklets
- Pensions Act compliance
- Dealing with regulatory bodies such as tPR, HMRC
- Advice and documentation regarding scheme mergers
- Technical advice to trustees and companies